Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Grain sales and UN intervention  (Read 1562 times)

Vell

• Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Grain sales and UN intervention
« on: January 13, 2013, 12:59:30 pm »

One question about this two cards
US HL - Grain sales
USSR HL - Red Scare

US pulls UN intervention from soviet hand. Can he play UN intervention at all or should give it back to the soviet and play the 1 OP from grain sales?

There seems to be 2 opinions based on text on UN intervention. While I have only seen
"May not be played during HL phase" on UN intervention card, some claim that it says "May not be played AS EVENT during HL phase"

If it was the first text I guess that it would be unplayable, so should return card to soviet and play 1 OP from GStS. If it is the second text then UN intervention could be played for 1 OP by american player.

Could someone tell me if this interpretation is right?

Do you know if there are two different cards in different game versions? in that case, which one is the latest and correct?

Thanks a lot!!

Cal

• Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Re: Grain sales and UN intervention
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 03:22:49 pm »
+1

The answer is that UN Intervention can be used with Grain Sales (either the US pulls UN Intervention, or the US pulls a USSR event and then plays UN Intervention), UNLESS this happens in the headline phase. UN Intervention can never be played in the headline phase and if it's drawn with Grain Sales, the US player must return the card and then play the 2ops he would otherwise get.  (In this case with Red Scare, 1op.)

This is from version 5.1 of the TS FAQ.

Vell

• Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: Grain sales and UN intervention
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:02:20 pm »

Thanks a lot Cal.

That's the way we did it, but since I was told it was not right, I thought I better checked.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.