Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: ┐How to best capture a map screen from a wargameroom saved game?  (Read 2083 times)

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile

Tbody is posting one epic game of ours, but neither of us knows how to properly capture a map screen to ilustrate the gameplay. Obviously with a regular screen capture is not good because you'll have to use a very small zoom to make the whole map fit in the screen (or maybe this is because I'm using a netbook with a very small screen?)

Anyone can help here?

Aditionally, is there any way to know the held cards or the cards dealt every turn with the saved game file? Only thing I can do now is try to remember or guess.

Maybe all this looks pretty noobish, but please give us a hand ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:18:10 pm by Chimista »

sspiker

• Respect: +16
    • View Profile
Re: ┐How to best capture a map screen from a wargameroom saved game?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:26:28 pm »

Forgive me if I don't fully understand the problem, but...

-- 25% magnification on full-screen with 8 lines for a text box should work well enough for a screen capture. You can resize it using photo editors afterwards if you like.

-- you can go through turn by turn and record what each person played, as well as learn what's in the discard pile at any point. You're right that it won't help with held cards, but you can narrow things down by what hasn't been played, and use your memory to fill in the rest.

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:18:58 am »

Just after posting I tried to open a saved game in a computer with a bigger screen and it worked fine, so that's solved, I guess.

About the saved game file, my point is, shouldn't all the information about the cards be kept somewhere? Maybe not, I guess

sspiker

• Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »

I agree that it should, but there's no current way to do it on WGR unfortunately. Maybe we can bug the programmers to add a way to do that.

However, like I said, it'll take time but you can reconstruct your entire hand. Narrow down what's missing and a bit of memory, and you should be able to get most of your hold cards, too.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.