Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: hello from a very new player!  (Read 1321 times)

funkdoc

• Respect: +2
    • View Profile
    • My Live Stream Page
hello from a very new player!
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:06 am »
+2

hi all, i'm a longtime competitive gamer (largely video game-related things, fantasy football to a lesser extent) who's very recently gotten addicted to board games thanks to a close friend of mine - power grid was one of my introductory games and remains a favorite. my friend very recently bought this game from a friend for only $25 and we have played about 5 games; she has crushed me every time, to the point that we haven't even gotten to play the late war yet! she has far more in the way of fundamentals and instincts for board games than i do, and that never felt nearly as soul-crushing as it has in this game. this has been a whole different world from anything else i have played!

i immediately felt inspired and started looking up the early war-related sections of this site, and am very thankful for all of your work! i would love to start playing online eventually, but with a game this intimidating i'm scared that would be nothing but monsters...will definitely wait until i can win at home at least!

i also frequently stream live when i play video games, so if i do get started with this i would love to stream TS and commentate as i play. it's very natural to me (heck, i tend to play better when talking) so i could hopefully keep it entertaining for my regulars as well as people like you all =)

Kazzy

• Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: hello from a very new player!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 03:30:49 am »

Don't worry it took me about 5 games before getting to the late war - at which point I'm playing out time until final scoring because I've lost every region.

You should jump in to wargameroom - you just need to practice and steal all the strategies people use on you.

Riku Riekkinen

• Respect: +15
    • View Profile
Re: hello from a very new player!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:31:30 am »

Your streaming got attention at boardgamegeek : http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/974284/streaming-ts-live

If you want more viewers, it might be good to advertise there before you start streaming.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.