Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lack of cards  (Read 2503 times)

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
Lack of cards
« on: May 16, 2013, 06:42:46 am »

Hi!

In a game played without optional cards there are 36 Early War cards, 20 of which contain one-time events and 15 containing repetitive events (China Card makes it 36). Hands of both players can be reduced in size due to Blockade, Five Year Plan, and UN Intervention. It is therefore possible that 2 turn ends up with no cards in either player's hand (except China Card) and only 15 cards available.

What exactly happens in this case?
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of cards
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:21:23 am »

Hi!

In a game played without optional cards there are 36 Early War cards, 20 of which contain one-time events and 15 containing repetitive events (China Card makes it 36). Hands of both players can be reduced in size due to Blockade, Five Year Plan, and UN Intervention. It is therefore possible that 2 turn ends up with no cards in either player's hand (except China Card) and only 15 cards available.

What exactly happens in this case?

How is that possible?

Even in the most radical scenario you never use more than 8x2x2= 32 cards.

pietshaq

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:34:41 pm »

Yes, and 20 of these cards will be used as non-recurring events while other cards will be used otherwise. And only the other cards remain for 3 turn reshuffle.
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 05:52:22 am »

Yes, and 20 of these cards will be used as non-recurring events while other cards will be used otherwise. And only the other cards remain for 3 turn reshuffle.

Ok. In the REAAAALLY unlikely event that the 20 non-recurring event cards are played as events and discarded for good, ok, you have 3 cards still in the deck, plus 12 recurring events that return to the deck for reshuffle. I suggest either giving a prize to those people for the most bizarre TS game ever or ban them from wargameroom.com. Maybe we should make a poll  :D

Riku Riekkinen

• Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 06:33:27 am »

Rules state that dealing is done one card per time starting from USSR. So in that case I believe US would just end up one card short.

pietshaq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 08:15:02 am »

Rules state that dealing is done one card per time starting from USSR. So in that case I believe US would just end up one card short.

I literally believe same way but this seems to be soooo out of spirit of the game  ;D

BamBix

• Wargameroom username: BamBix_TS
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 08:25:21 am »

Actually, no. You also skip your turn if you don't have a card left on your turn. And declaring a very, very hypothetical situation out of spirit of the game is a bit odd :P

Julio

• You are not a cylon!
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
    • Partidas al Twilight Struggle
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 03:16:47 am »
+1

If you play as US and do not want to be lack of cards in turn 3, just do not play all your cards as event in turn 1 and turn 2  ;D
Partidas al Twilight Struggle. Spanish blog with AAR of some games and other TS considerations.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 20 queries.