Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "Junta" realignment rolls  (Read 2581 times)

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
"Junta" realignment rolls
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:17:53 am »

Hi!

If Junta is used for realignment rolls after placing influence, can the rolls be divided into Americas or do they have to be all rolled against countries in the same America (either Central or South)? For example, is it legal to use Junta to place influence somewhere and then realign Panama and Venezuela?
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: "Junta" realignment rolls
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:53 am »

Hi!

If Junta is used for realignment rolls after placing influence, can the rolls be divided into Americas or do they have to be all rolled against countries in the same America (either Central or South)? For example, is it legal to use Junta to place influence somewhere and then realign Panama and Venezuela?

Why not?

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:16:33 am »

The "in one of these regions" phrase is confusing. Realigning Panama (CA) and Venezuela (SA) doesn't look like realigning in one of these regions. It looks like realigning in both.
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:02:14 am »

Never thought about it. If you want to be really fastidious about the text then you can only make ONE realignment roll, so no problem there :P

sspiker

• Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 11:24:25 am »
+1

I actually think the fastidious reading of the card supports allowing switching between regions. It says "may make a realignment roll" (singular) "in one of these regions (using this card's Operations value)" I think the singular roll was intentional, because you may use the cards ops value to do a realignment roll in one of these regions, then may continue to use the cards ops value to do a realignment roll in one (potentially the other) region.

That is, do one roll in one of the regions, then do the other roll in one of the regions (because you have two ops). It could be both in the same region, or one in each.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 20 queries.