Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: TS antics  (Read 2494 times)

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
TS antics
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:12:35 am »

One of the consecuences of TS being such an awesome game is that it can really change your mood. Wining a good game can make your day and losing sucks, specially when you feel it's not fair, because your oponent had good luck.

Luck is important in TS and when you consistently get bad rolls and bad cards and/or your oponent the oposite it can really make you lose your temper.

I must admit I have misbehaved a couple of times, shuting down the game in wargame room without  saying the standard "gg" to my oponent. Once I even answered "Shut up" to one guy, after losing in T10 a game I felt I deserved to win, and might have won had I been a little luckier (or had I played a little better, more like). Some time we met again and the guy told me he wasn't sure about playing with me again, due to my unimpresive behavior. I apologized and we played again so everything was ok, finally.

Any ugly gestures you regret and want to share? Any funny moments like these?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Strategy
Re: TS antics
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:01:01 pm »

I've definitely gotten angry at people before, but I try to apologize whenever I feel like I'm being too whiny.  It can be very frustrating to start the game off with some poor rolling, especially as USSR.

Eruantalon

• Wargameroom username: Janusz_Wójciak
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 08:30:08 am »

Well, I can get little upset very easly with some crucial roll fail (especially, when it was coup attempt with 5/6 chances of success). I limit myself to cursing loudly and then start to recover as soon and well as possible. I also try to remind myself of op's bad rolls/draws or mine lucky ones. I can not remember any game I lost by bad luck in last few weeks (although Tim Bina knows, I had some lucky ones).

But I really get frustrated, if I receive some impossible defcon hand (FYP + CIA + D&C +...). I don't complain online to others, though. Mostly simply becouse I don't like typing ; )

DeDaan

• Wargameroom username: DeDaan
  • Gaming is living!
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
    • United Friends Boardgaming
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:54:54 am »

I'm probably the most boring player ever. I compliment the other player with his luck, apologize for my own luck and (almost) never complain about my unlucky rolls/cards. However, I once lost my temper after a match gloriously won by me and my opponent (I won't mention names) started to explain all the mistakes I seemed to have made that game. I'm usually open for any kind of constructive feedback, but when somebody plays as bad as he did against me and tries to explain my errors (which were not mistakes anyway, rather calculated risks) in stead of his own, I also experience that my blood pressure is pumped up. Luckily I could keep myself quiet and closed the chat box without writing anything impolite, although I don't remember if I said goodbye or not. But after that I'm really not eager to play him again...   
Interested in taking part in face-to-face, online or PbEM events? Check my website!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.