Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 ITSL  (Read 4347 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Strategy
2013 ITSL
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:21:59 pm »

Who is playing this year?

http://www.wargameroom.com/itsl.htm

metstotop333

• Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 ITSL
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:26:06 pm »

Oh man, I wish I'd know that this was a thing...   :-\

DeDaan

• Wargameroom username: DeDaan
  • Gaming is living!
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
    • United Friends Boardgaming
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:20:35 am »

This year I'm taking part for the first time. Yesterday I lost my first match...
Interested in taking part in face-to-face, online or PbEM events? Check my website!

BamBix

• Wargameroom username: BamBix_TS
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 03:20:43 am »

Who what were? Is it still possible to sign up for this?

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 04:08:41 am »

I understand that it's still possible to join, just go to http://www.wargameroom.com/chat.htm  and ask Bruce Wigdor.

Eruantalon

• Wargameroom username: Janusz_Wójciak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 04:21:50 am »

I'm participating' (Janusz Wójciak). I'm in one group with Bruce and my World Championship Nemesis (J. Gąsiorowski). I think, Chimista's there, too. Gonna be fun.

DeDaan

• Gaming is living!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 08:16:50 am »

Yes, especially when Chimista will be as successful as during the World Championships ;-)
Interested in taking part in face-to-face, online or PbEM events? Check my website!

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:00 am »

Yes, especially when Chimista will be as successful as during the World Championships ;-)

Hopefully I will improve my performance during the World Championships, or else I'll start playing parcheesi... ;)

ristonj

• Wargameroom username: JohnRiston_TSL
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 09:49:51 am »

I'm in again!  Looking for more than one win this year.

Riku Riekkinen

• Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 10:43:44 am »

Nixon division gets this years honorary mention for being by far the toughest. Steve Currie seems to have the toughest schedule, though that might change of course.

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 11:39:31 am »

I'd like to join but I'm not sure where should I apply?
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

DeDaan

• Gaming is living!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 12:47:36 pm »

Go to wargameroom.com and send a mail to Bruce Wigdor or try to contact him in the chatroom. You can also sign up for the ITSL Yahoo groups. In that case you don't miss any information anymore.

And for who is too late, in October the new season of ETSL starts and the Ladder of Ron Jacobsen is also going on. Information about these 2 on my website (see my profile).

Riku Riekkinen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 03:58:30 pm »
+1

Stalin Division

Easy division. The WBC GM & original ladder leader George Young is probably going to win this one although even his games haven't been running smoothly for a long time.

Khrushchev Division

Average division. Daniel Dunbring is the clear favourite here. Although I don't actually recall any actual tourney victories for Daniel D, he is always in playoffs with strong play. Only matter of time before he gets his trophy. I assume also Daniel Hogetoorn (ETLS guy) to reach playoffs.

Brezhnev Division

Tough division. Here we have WAM silver medalist & REALLY active tS player (compared to us other mortals) Tim Bina. Extremely promising new player Peter Ingraham. However they will be bettling for then 2nd place, since multiple time TS finalist & WBC winner Chris Withers decided to come back to league. Now I know that Chris hates optional cards, but I guess it doesn't stop him this time. I also somehow remember Derry Crymble from friendlies. If I recall the guy right, I would guess that he would have been in playoffs in easier division. Now its gonna be tough.

Andropov Division

Above average division. Ted Torgerson is 1989 designer & could be the guy with most TS games played in the world. His problem in my opinion is that he likes events & space track too much and gets distracted. However his experince will get him to playoffs. Then of course our forum keeper Ed Fu (=theory) will be battling here for the 2nd place. I think theory has a slight edge over Ted in my books. I think I will win this division easily as I have a very easy schedule and my track record against biggest threats is great.

Gorbachev Division

Easy division. Ralph Mauriello is the favourite with J-P Latvala on his back.

Truman Division

Tough division. Bruce Wigdor is the most experinced guy here and regular playoffs entrant. However now I see Bruce must play on his best performance in order to hit the playoffs. I'm predicting 4th place in the division. Martin Lopez would be in playoffs in almost any other division regarding my frindlies. However in this division I can't predict higher than 5th place. Then we have 3 relatively new, but succesful, players Jedrzej Gasiorowski, Janusz Wójciak and Marco Poutré. Now Janusz Wójciak and Marco Poutré have titles (though for  Poutré its from Labyrinth, usually title in any CDG is a storm sign to other CDGs). So  I put Jedrzej Gasiorowski 3rd here. Now 1st place?  Marco Poutré by a coin flip.

Eisenhower Division

Average division. Jarek Moc is currently the most active competitive TS player and current ladder leader. He is the guy to pick as a winner here. Chris Linneman is a very active player and his success in other games put him the 2nd here although being a rookie in TS league & me never playing TS against him.

Kennedy Division

Easy division. Paul Huntley is the most experinced guy here and clears this division easily.

Nixon Division

Death division. 4 highest area ranked players in Matthews conference can be found here. If I had to put them in order, I would actually follow area ratings (which feels kind of strange). So Mathieu Paré-Paquin 1st. Amazing last year as a whole. Great success at WBC & wargameroom. Also won a small tournament in Canada. Charles Robinson 2nd. Charles has hit so many times finals / semifinals its hard to ignore him. Gabor Foldes 3rd. Now last years seminalist and champion the year before as 3rd? Yeah its really tough division and hard to put places to people. Randy Pippus as 4th. Current TS rules guru & regular high performer. Paul Sampson as 5th. Noweven the 5th place guy is regular division winner usually. In top of that 3rd place from WBC last year. Notably I dropped Paul in both competitions. I don't know who Steve Currie is, but he is going to priviledged with a lot of tough games. Even his off division games are harder than for the others in the divison.

Reagan Division

Easy division. I assume Charles Martel will win simply because I think his comment on the forums are analytical.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Strategy
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 07:01:08 pm »
+1

Nice analysis :)

The varying division strengths are a good reason why I don't particularly like the randomized divisions.  It's not like there are any geographic reasons, or rating reasons, to group people like this.  Were you drawn into Nixon division?  If so, good luck ...

Also, Riku, there are plenty of new people this year!  I fully expect 75% to forfeit all their matches and never play a game, but heck, once in a while, someone new surprises us!  (Like Peter, who I know from my IRL gaming group.)

Finally, I'm gonna beat Riku this year.  I can feel it.  Last year I would have won had his Alliance for Progress headline not thwarted my AR1 Wargames victory!  That counts as a half-win, right?   ;D

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Strategy
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 07:02:30 pm »

If you want to join but didn't get a chance to, I strongly suggest signing up as an alternate, since every year we lose at least 10+ people who just stop playing.

Riku Riekkinen

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 07:55:57 pm »

I'm offering 50 geek gold in BGG for a person who makes a better guess about division winners. And yeah I also don't know what to do with GG, but at least you'll get the honor http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/987484/50gg-for-fantasy-twilight-struggle-league-winner
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.