Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "Radio Free Europe"  (Read 2774 times)

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
"Radio Free Europe"
« on: June 06, 2013, 05:02:07 pm »

Mid War

Radio Free Europe* (2Ops)
Voice of America no longer restricted to non-European countries. Voice of America no longer limited to remove max 2IP from single country.
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: "Radio Free Europe"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:13:24 am »

Mid War

Radio Free Europe* (2Ops)
Voice of America no longer restricted to non-European countries. Voice of America no longer limited to remove max 2IP from single country.

If anything, I consider VoA is already too powerful, specially if used in T10 AR7 by the US player, as already discussed in the forum.

Don't get we wrong, I love the card, when used wisely can have a beautiful effect. It can also be pretty inofensive in the hands of a novice player who uses it in the middle of the turn without denying access to the USSR. I think VoA in Europe would be too much, since US already has a bunch of power cards to take over the continent, so this would destroy the balance altogether.

I would rather curtail the effect of VoA than increase its power. Maybe introducing an event which cancelled VoA, as AWACs with Muslim Revolts.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:15:54 am by Chimista »

Jayne Starlancer

• Hero of Canton
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:20:07 pm »
+1

My take, inspired by your idea...

Radio Free Europe* [3 Ops - Mid - US]
Add 1 US Influence to 1 country in Eastern Europe. If Voice Of America is played during a USSR action round, then the restriction to non-European countries does not apply and that card is removed from play.

MarlesChartel

• Wargameroom username: MarlesChartel
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 03:27:10 pm »

Radio Free Europe [4 ops - Mid - US]
US may immediately use this card's op value to conduct a coup attempt in any Eastern European country.

Jack Rudd

• Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 04:38:40 pm »

Radio Free Europe [4 ops - Mid - US]
US may immediately use this card's op value to conduct a coup attempt in any Eastern European country.
Yay, a DEFCON Suicide Card for the USSR! They'll enjoy having that in hand if they're Grain Salesed.

MarlesChartel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 07:14:01 pm »

It's a good card for the USSR to play on AR1 if they can get away with it (DEFCON >2). US gets a 4 ops coup of a 3 stability country, possibly a battleground, which will shift less than 2 influence on average. Then, the USSR gets to use the 4 ops.

Jack Rudd

• Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 11:54:29 am »

It's a good card for the USSR to play on AR1 if they can get away with it (DEFCON >2). US gets a 4 ops coup of a 3 stability country, possibly a battleground, which will shift less than 2 influence on average. Then, the USSR gets to use the 4 ops.
The US gets (on average) 1.67 Influence swing, 4 MilOps, and the possibility (depending on the board position) that the USSR won't be able to meet his own MilOps. That could be a 4 VP swing on MilOps alone, even without the consideration of what it does to Europe Scoring.

MarlesChartel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »

I've found that military ops rarely matter by the mid war. It's silly to assume that USSR would get +2 from mil ops if they didn't play this, and -2 if they do.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.