Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: De Gaulle leads Willy Brandt to Tear Down This Wall  (Read 1318 times)

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
De Gaulle leads Willy Brandt to Tear Down This Wall
« on: July 23, 2013, 03:20:27 am »

Hi!

Just read carefully the three cards and have some questions:

1. Does de Gaulle only cancel effects of NATO for France or does he also prevent NATO from being active in France if played after de Gaulle?

2. Similar question about Willy Brandt and NATO for West Germany.

3. If Willy Brandt prevented by Tear Down This Wall, then played by the US player, does he still give USSR 1VP and 1IP in West Germany? I assume not, but...

4. If Willy Brandt cancelled by Tear Down This Wall after the event was activated, does the USSR player lose 1VP and 1IP in West Germany (which would be a cancellation of Willy Brandt effect)?

I've played these events many times but now that I've read the cards carefully the wording seems a little puzzling.
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

budzo

• Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: De Gaulle leads Willy Brandt to Tear Down This Wall
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:21 am »

1. Im pretty sure that de Gualle does not prevent NATO just like quagmire does not prevent NORAD

2. Same.

If it would be otherwise the information should have been listed on NATO card.

3. "USSR recives 1vp" is a part of the event so no.

4. VPs cannot be canceled there are no such situations in the game (well WWBY yes but this is pointed exactely on the card) so it refers only to the cancelation of NATO (wchich is constant effect not like goving USSR vps) so it means the USSR cannot realign wgerm (or coup if they for some reason would like to)

To be true there is no worse event than NATO. Only usage of this is that USSR cannot coup or brush war Italy and special relationship is boosted. And it has to be played after MP or WPF. They could change at least that in deluxe edition.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.