Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Announcing 3 competitive Twilight Struggle events  (Read 1841 times)

DeDaan

• Wargameroom username: DeDaan
  • Gaming is living!
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
    • United Friends Boardgaming
Announcing 3 competitive Twilight Struggle events
« on: September 10, 2013, 02:50:11 am »

Start ETSL Ladder in November 2013

Although most of you know to find my website, I still want to draw your attention to the start of season 3 of the ETSL. This league, especially created for European players, but open to everybody who is able to adapt to European playing times, will change into a Ladder format, which enables joining whenever one wants, skipping a round whenever one wants and gives the moderator the chance to proceed without waiting for matches to be played. Participants play at least one game per month. All matches have to be played on wargameroom.com, since there will be a thinking time limit of 1h15m per player.

You can find the living rules here: http://unitedfriendseu.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/etsl-ladder.docx

For all other information and standings of the ETSL, check out: http://unitedfriendseu.wordpress.com/european-twilight-strug...

If you like to take part in the ETSL Ladder, please send me a mail (dhogetoorn@gmail.com) with the necessary information (see the rules).

Face-2-face TS tournament in Amsterdam: May 3-4, 2014

In 2014 I will organize the annual face-2-face Twilight Struggle tournament again in "De 2 Klaveren" in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. This event takes place on May 3-4, 2014 (or May 2-3 when too little participants). We will use the Swiss system, which will allow all players to play at least 7 matches in 2 days (thinking time limit 1 hour per player; we will use chess clocks). I will award day prizes and a big one for the overall winner.

For more information, see: http://unitedfriendseu.wordpress.com/ts-convention/

To register or get even more information, just send me a mail (dhogetoorn@gmail.com).

Online TS World Championships: May 17-18, 2014

Since I know how difficult it is to free up a complete weekend (I've got a 21-months-old son), I announce the next edition of the online Twilight Struggle World Championships already. These championships are especially accommodated to give European players who are not able to visit the WBC the chance to compete with the best players around. Last year there were 17 participants from 10 different countries playing 6 Swiss rounds, resulting in a final between Daniel Dunbring from Sweden and Janusz Wójciak from Poland, the latter one being the champion. It would be nice if we will have even more participants this year. The championships will be organized on May 17-18, 2014 and will be fully played on wargameroom.com. The rules will stay the same and can be found on: http://unitedfriendseu.wordpress.com/ts-wc/

If you like to take part or have any questions, please send me an email (dhogetoorn@gmail.com).

Cheers,
Daniël.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:29:06 am by DeDaan »
Interested in taking part in face-to-face, online or PbEM events? Check my website!

Cal

• Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Re: Announcing 3 competitive Twilight Struggle events
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:21:45 pm »

Good luck.

By the way, that first link is broken.  :(

DeDaan

• Wargameroom username: DeDaan
  • Gaming is living!
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
    • United Friends Boardgaming
Re: Announcing 3 competitive Twilight Struggle events
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 05:29:51 am »

Thanks for notifying me. I repaired the link.
Interested in taking part in face-to-face, online or PbEM events? Check my website!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries.