Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wargameroom help  (Read 3380 times)

Wizard of Woz

• Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Wargameroom help
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:41:50 pm »

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but I am stuck.  I would like to play on wargameroom but the chat window isn't working for me.  It looks like I am connected, but it shows an empty room, and if I type something it says that it is "connecting to server" but never does.  I was able to get through one time, and played Bruce and would like to get on again, but I can't.  Exacerbating the issue is that I am using a new (though low end) laptop and it has Windows 8.  I am finding it difficult to access what I need to access to assess what is going wrong with the chat.  Is there anyone who has any advice?  I would greatly appreciate it. 
Thanks.

Cal

• Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Re: Wargameroom help
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

Is your version of java up to date? What about your firewall?

The problem might not even be on your end. Maybe it is just down.

You could try Vassal. That also has server issues from time to time, but I find it easier to use.

Chimista

• Wargameroom username: chimista
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 04:13:16 am »

It might be a good idea to download Hamachi, a free software that helps to fix connection problems. Hosting is a problem too for most of the people.

If you want to make sure to find people connected try weekends from 12:00 to 00:00 (Europe time) it's always busy

seppo0010

• Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 02:31:04 am »

I have been the same problem for a few months now. I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.5, and I've tried every version I could find of Java until I gave I up. The only think that worked for me was using a VirtualBox with Linux, which is kind of an overkill.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.