Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Yeah, I should get in on this...  (Read 1377 times)

The Archon

• Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Yeah, I should get in on this...
« on: October 22, 2012, 02:41:51 pm »
+3

Hello, All, my name is Ken Watson.  I'm a 36 year-old patent attorney living in Cleveland, OH, and I'm a total boardgame addict.  I learned about TS from Boardgamegeek's rankings, and given that I'm kind of a history buff, I knew that I would love the game from day one.  After playing it and learning about the events, I spent many hours on Wikipedia learning about the rich history of the Cold War.  Good stuff. 

I've logged only 31 games of TS (and am going to start another one this week), so if I act like I know what I'm doing, you can call BS on me.  I've probably played by email more often than FTF, but each has its advantages.  All said, this is an incredibly intense game, and it's been very seldom that games aren't very closely won.  The play-by-email system that I play uses Troy Davis' Excel Spreadsheet (which is remarkably easy and effective).  It can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34716/twilight-struggle-game-engine-v4-9-1

Other than TS, I play a lot of Fantasy Flight games, as well as Dominion, Axis and Allies (any version), Star Wars Miniatures, and just about any other game you put in front of me.  I've never played on WarGameRoom, but would be happy to learn sometime.  And I'm always eager for a new opponent. 

This is a great blog, Theory.  Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work. 

() | (_) ^/

• Wargameroom username: paddyodoors
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah, I should get in on this...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 03:12:21 pm »

I've never played on WarGameRoom, but would be happy to learn sometime.  And I'm always eager for a new opponent. 

Good to know you're not afraid of wgr!  It's interface isn't always the most elegant, but it sure does make the game go FAST.  Even though I like TS played via any medium, I enjoy wgr the best due to how quickly one can get in a full game.

tandoorichicken

• Wargameroom username: Tandoori_TS
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah, I should get in on this...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 01:32:52 pm »
+1

I agree.  Also, WGR enforces the rules, unlike VASSAL... sometimes VASSAL games can get pretty FUBAR'd if a mistake is made and no one notices for a few ARs.  Archon I'd be happy to walk you through it if you find me on there some time.  It's pretty straightforward, requiring just some minimal router management skills to host and even more minimal mouse-clicking ability to join as a client.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.