Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A New Card :)  (Read 1654 times)

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
A New Card :)
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:08:47 am »

Hi!

A small card with a huge potential  :) Deliberately designed as USSR event, may be strong for either player from different reasons (compare Five Year Plan).

Mid War

Accoustic Kitty
USSR, 2Ops, recurring

For the remainder of the turn US player plays each Action Round prior to USSR player.

Strategic usage examples

As USSR: A pseudo-North Sea Oil. If played on Turn 10, steals last move in the game from the US player. If played earlier, may pay off with a combo: AR7-headline-AR1.

As US: If luckily headlined, may be used to get rid of Lone Gunman without speculating on USSR's headline. If played in the middle of the turn, may be used as an extra-AR7 play (albeit one that costs AR7-headline-AR1 Soviet at the end of the turn). For example, this followed by China Card may flip USSR-controlled Korea (provided no overcontrol).

Waiting for comments  :)
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

Cal

• Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Re: A New Card :)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:18:24 am »

Interesting idea. I wouldn't mind seeing a game where this effect occurred.

I think the 'acoustic kitty' flavor text is a bit esoteric though. Maybe just call it "Failed CIA Projects"?

Comrade Pwnuby Khilemolov

• Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: A New Card :)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:19:32 am »

Some of the cards from 1989: Dawn of Freedom strike me as being really interesting in terms of powers.

This sounds somewhat similar to "Stasi" from that game, which forces the Democrat (usually the responding player in each AR) to show their card before the Communist plays his.

It's obviously a much harder hit than Acoustic Kitty would be, and much more clearly a helpful card for only one side.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.