Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question on Coups!  (Read 2020 times)

Khlod

• Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Question on Coups!
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:14:34 pm »

Ok, a few game now played, a few things remains unclear and i've found a lot of answer in this forum!

A little question, maybe it seem obvious but...here we go:

Let's say i wanna try a coup attemp in Panama (2).  My opponent have only one influence in Panama.
I want to use a use a 4op card for this coup.  Lucky i am, i rolled a 5 = 9.   Panama X2 = 4 so difference= 5.  right!

Do i:

1- Remove opponent marker, add only one of my own (since he had only one before the coup attemp)
2- OR remove opponent marker and add 4 of mine? (so gaining large control of Panama?)

In the rules it is said to replace opponent marquers but do i put all of the difference of the roll as influences?

Thank you very much for helping me with this one!

And sorry for the not that good english...frech speaking here!  :)

8)

Cal

• Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Coups!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:53:33 pm »

Just to be sure:

You play a 4op card, and coup Panama, and your opponent has 1influence in Panama, and you roll a 5?

The stability of Panama is 4, so that's the base. Which is covered by the 4op card. So you're left with a difference of 5 you rolled.

You remove the 1influence your opponent has in Panama and then add 4influence of your own. You would overcontrol Panama 4 to 0.

You DO take away (and put influence) in for the full difference.

Hope that answers your question. The rules can be a little confusing at first, but you'll soon get used to it.

Bonne chance.  :) (Sorry, I don't speak French, so I have no idea if that's the right use of that expression.)

Khlod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:59:49 am »

All right Cal!  You got it right for the "Bonne chance", which means "Good luck"! 
How can i give you a respect point for this?? (i see you are +54!)

Thank you for the fast answer!  I was'nt sure if we could put more inflences with a suscessul coup attempt than our opponent already has before that coup.

In the same pace, another "just to be sure" question:  if i try reallignment rool, and i lost the roll, do i lost influence in that country??

If yes, then i'm better trying reallignment roll on countrys which i do not have influence!!

A great forum here!  Hello to all Twilight players! 

And thanks again Cal!

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 03:52:08 am »

if i try reallignment rool, and i lost the roll, do i lost influence in that country??

Yes.
For me, the best way not to mix it is to remember the following rule: if the realignment has already been rolled, the result is the same, no matter which player initiated realignment rolls. The player matters only for legality of the realignment by itself (you may not initiate realigning countries with no opponent's influence which could be helpful in some rare circumstances, for example if Fidel has been triggered, USSR might want to realign himself out of Cuba to avoid DEFCON suicide with CIA).
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

Khlod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 04:19:33 pm »

8)

Thank you all for your good answers!

Everything is now very clear for me and my playing partners!

The cold war is on, and it's not gonna heat up for a while!  :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.