Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Late War US onlsaught, where is it?  (Read 1019 times)

lambolt

• Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Late War US onlsaught, where is it?
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:17:10 pm »

Broke this off to its own thread. Every game I've played so far (US only, seems more challenging) I've coped in the early war, and into the mid war, once I was ahead quite a bit, mostly around level or occasionally a few points back. But then as the mid war closes, I'm finding myself getting scored on (not just in the specific mid war regions) and then in the late war, its seeming very hard for the US and I'm expecting a slew of good stuff. But the site here seems to show fairly equal OPS and events for both sides, and certainly every time I play I just keep pulling red events in the late war, and I don't see waves of US cards that are providing this late game hammer I feel is discussed online. I do realise that by coping well early, it probably means overinvesting in that and not enough strategic long term play which is hampering me in the late game, but specifically considering OPS and events, where exactly is the late game US "Hammer" supposed to be (OK one time I used Voice of America to win - though only by a single point, by pinching key IPs just before scoring) when there seems to be just as many red events in the late war deck anyway!

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
Re: Late War US onlsaught, where is it?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 03:06:57 am »

Late War is a specific events or Ops-War for Mid War regions (Americas and Africa). Asia is usually hard to change.
Middle East tilts a little in USSR's favor. US has to do much in Europe, probably even going for controlling it if events help.

One thing to keep in mind is: once the region is scored the problem with the region remains because it will probably eventually be scored again (in Final Scoring, for example). So, if you end Mid War at, say, -3VPs but your earnings come from events like Alliance in Progress, Duck and Cover, Arms Race, or from Space Race or Mil Ops, while USSR had scored scorings, this probably means that the map is red. Another thing is that if you use your asterisked event for preparing better position in the Early or Mid War, you are turning the deck more red because a blue event is removed and a red one is not.
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

lambolt

• Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: Late War US onlsaught, where is it?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 04:22:29 am »

Thanks, I will try to post some session reports online soon when my current vassal games are done, and ask if anyone is interested to comment!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.