Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Placing influence per Event in opponent-controlled countries.  (Read 1431 times)

VarlosZ

• Respect: +1
    • View Profile

If I play an event that tells me to place X influence points (say Liberation Theology), is that number affected by anything?  Does it cost 2 of the the 3 to place 1 influence in an opponent-controlled country?  And I assume it's not reduced by Red Scare/Purge, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
Re: Placing influence per Event in opponent-controlled countries.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 06:34:40 am »

It is not unless the event text states otherwise.

A 2-for-1 penalty as well as RS/P applies to Operation Points of the card. Triggering event is the other way of making use of the card, in opposition to using Operation Points. Some cards explicitely allow using the card's value for operations and in this case the card's value is affected.

A good example is Junta. First you place 2IPs in one American country and this 2 is unaffected by anything because this number is a part of the event text. Then you have some operation to perform, using the card's value. And this part of the event may be affected by RS/P, Brezhnev Doctrine, or Containment, and also, if you decide to coup, by SALT Negotiations and/or Latin Ameircan Death Squads. (In case of realignment rolls Iran Contra Scandal may also affect the final result of the event but not the card's operation value itself).

Hope this helps
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.