Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Failed First Turn  (Read 842 times)

Warpimp

• Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Failed First Turn
« on: November 15, 2015, 04:24:09 pm »

Any advice for the USSR when you fail your Iran coup or re-coup?

pietshaq

• Wargameroom username: WojciechPietrzak_TS
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
    • My Twilight Struggle blog
Re: Failed First Turn
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 04:25:33 am »

In order of importance:
1. Control Afghanistan if your opponent didn't.
2. Use Vietnam Revolts, Decolonization or De-Stalinization to contest Southeast Asia (in this order of preference; if you De-Stalinize, you may safely remove all influence from Poland if you have nowhere else from; in this case remember to add one to Poland one time or another and shore it up to 4 before the Early War ends if Comecon and Warsaw Pact don't do it for you).
3. If you have no such option, move to Lebanon on DEFCON=2 before US does, shore up Iraq.
4. Put 2 into South Korea.
5. Do not use The China Card, you don't really need too many ops without meaningful places to put them in.
6. Get rid of the nastiest US asterisked events when you can, possibly minimizing their effects (for example, play Marshall Plan but elect to use Ops before the event and control 2 of the 2-stability Mediterranean non-battlegrounds, ideally Spain/Portugal due to important adjacencies and Turkey to make the potential further Cuban Missile Crisis a little more painful for the US).
7. Put 1 into Israel if you haven't won Arab-Israeli War before and control Middle East battlegrounds one by one.
If you find my contribution useful, please donate some Bitcoins: 1LTicKy5ww4tAQwLqRDHxbpKHBQ9QvcK72
My Twilight Struggle blog

Warpimp

• Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Failed First Turn
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I am getting through the frustrating stage where I have learned enough that I should win with aome luck. I need to find a way to keep competitive evem with poor luck. This will help a lot.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 29 queries.