Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Very uncommon (but real) situation  (Read 263 times)

virlouvet

• Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Very uncommon (but real) situation
« on: April 10, 2017, 08:45:53 pm »

Hi everybody,
I recently faced the following situation : it was the last AR for the turn and I had (as the US) only 1 card left in hand (a scoring card). My opponent (USSR) played "Missile envy" and I gave him my highest card (the scoring card). Being a neutral event, the scoring was carried out. Then I could play (had to play) "Missile envy" for my last AR.
What do you think  : allowed or not by the rules (I think yes) ?
Thanks !

MollyMae

• Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: Very uncommon (but real) situation
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 04:09:16 pm »

If I understand the question correctly, you're wondering if you can/must play Missile Envy for your last AR?  The answer is yes, you must play Missile Envy for ops. 

You're also probably obligated to thank your opponent for being so nice.  =P

EDIT: Interestingly, if you had a HELD card, you would have to give that to your opponent.  So you would start the last AR with a scoring card and Missile Envy.  In that case, you could play the scoring card, but would be obligated to play Missile Envy for Ops on AR1 of the next turn.  You can never be obligated to hold a scoring card.  (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this exact scenario).

EDIT2: 10.1.5 A player may not be forced to Hold a Scoring Card through the effects of an Event(s).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:15:51 pm by MollyMae »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.