Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1006 times)

Volkmar

• Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: October 21, 2012, 12:47:03 pm »
+3

Hello there. I'm Volkmar, 22 years old from the Netherlands. Used to study history, but I couldn't keep up with it so now I'm just looking for a job.

About a year ago I started collecting and playing boardgames, after playing Warhammer, Magic and D&D in my teens. My most-played game is probably Dominion, and I discovered Twilight Struggle through DominionStrategy (where I'm also registered as Volkmar, though I pretty much only lurk). I bought TS a few months ago and have a single friend who plays it with me, mostly on game nights when everyone else has to drop out. Thanks to the advice I picked up on the blog I've won all our 5 games, but luckily my friend has enjoyed everyone of them and is improving rapidly. Maybe I'll start playing online in the near future since I've got enough time on my hands right now, but playing against veterans is quite intimidating ;D

Jayne Starlancer

• Hero of Canton
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:51:19 pm »

Volkmar, what sort of history did you previously study?

In the Netherlands, what edition/language of Twilight Struggle do you play? I am always interested in learning about the different international editions of Twilight Struggle.

Twilight Struggle is a game that just gets better as you learn more and play more challenging opponents.

Volkmar

• Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 01:00:52 pm »

I mostly focused on historical demography in the Netherlands en Western Europe in the 19th and early 20th century. I love how much you can learn about day-to-day life from cold statistics.

I don't think there's a Dutch edition of Twilight Struggle. I own the English deluxe edition myself. In fact I prefer to play most of my games in English, since translations are often terrible.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.