Twilight Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Download the Twilight Strategy e-book!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Marine Barracks Bombing  (Read 1800 times)

Matty Defense

• Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Marine Barracks Bombing
« on: December 11, 2012, 07:15:13 pm »

Discussion
I post a lot but I get no respect!

Tony32280

• Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Re: Marine Barracks Bombing
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 01:08:41 am »

For me, this card is certainly enough to swing the region from it being split to domination.  I don't focus on the ME very much because I know I can coup on AR1.  I particularly like this card and play it as an event.  It is not a terrible card for the US.  Losing Lebanon should not affect anything 90% of the time.

Cal

• Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 03:15:37 am »

Underwhelming. Only really of use if it removes US presence in the region so you can play Mid. East Scoring, and even then you might want to think about it because the US will have coup initiative.

Relatively harmless if played by the US. If the US has 1inf in Lebanon (which is usually the case) then the ops can be used to replace it. If the US doesn't have influence in Lebanon, then half of the event is nullified anyway. If the USSR plays it for the event and only the US has influence in Lebanon, then the US can re-take Lebanon their AR.

I do find this useful in the rare situation where the US and USSR both have influence in Lebanon, leaving the USSR with control. It can also be useful for removing influence in a country to give you over-control. (For example, if Israel is at 2/6, making it 0/6 is satisfying.)

File it away as another USSR card that is only useful in specific situations and generally unthreatening.

Zim

• Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »

Not and amazing card, but in many cases i play it for the event for its initiative-keeping value - if you are threatening to take over Middle East domination the US will usually have to respond to it with ops of his own. This is nice in late war were threatening the opponent can be difficult/op-costly.

Threatening the opponent and keeping initiative is almost always useful even if you don't achieve much else; if you're lucky you might disturb his card playing order, force him to play something in your favor and sometimes even discover that he is not even able to respond! And if you're not, well you didn't lose anything ...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.